Saturday 6 October 2012

To not let it be

Is it a good idea to tolerate a friend?

Or is it better to be blunt and hurtful, cut of all connections, and then probably embark on a new start later?

I don't know. All I know is that I suck at being honest to those who are close to me. I am afraid of saying no. I am afraid of displeasing them. I could compromise for their sake. I don't like being in anybody's bad books.

I get this feeling that I tolerate too much. Trample on shit saying "Really, it's not that bad." But deep down, I know it is a lot. A lot to handle, and from the past experiences I've had, I rather prefer to not make big deal out of everything.


Tolerating a friend is not a good idea.


3 comments:

  1. There's so much difference between what we're supposed to do and what our hearts can actually do. I don't think tolerating a friend is a good idea but just like you, I choose to stay on everyone's good side. A lot of us are like that, and it's difficult to change even if you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all mostly give our friends a lot of rope! If one is not honest with people one is close to, who can one be honest with, I wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's stressful pretending to a friend. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. It might cause a rift - especially if your friend is going through a bad phase. He/she might feel betrayed and may never forget or forgive. It's tough, but you have to decide. If your friendship is meant to be, it will last no matter what.

    ReplyDelete