Wednesday 21 September 2011

Where Rainbows End

"You deserve someone who loves you with every single beat of his heart, someone who thinks about you constantly, someone who spends every minute of everyday just wondering what you're doing, where you are, who you're with and if you're OK.You need someone who can help you reach your dreams and who can protect you from your fears.You need someone who will treat you with respect, and love every part of you, especially your flaws.You should be with someone who can make you happy, really happy, dancing-on-air happy. Someone who should have taken the chance to be with you years ago instead of becoming scared and being too afraid to try."
- Words from Alex's e-mail to Rosie.
(Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern)

It's true. Oh God. It is.
I'm turning into one of those much detested hopeless romantics.

I wouldn't label this book to be one of those stereotyped, sappy, passionate novels. Cecelia's choice of words, her unique approach to a much-beaten-to-death genre and the creation of absolutely heart-warming characters, definitely makes me want to read more of her books!

Reading this small extract, many are bound to think it is cliched. Cliched no doubt, but true.

I'm just eighteen. I haven't seen the world. I haven't experienced what they call, 'true love'. Infatuations, strong affection and attraction is something I have,obviously, felt. (Should it be obvious? Ah.Well.)

Impatient to feel every emotion, I forget that I have a whole life ahead of me. I still have all the time in the world to bump into Mr.Right , visit new places, live independently and well, experience those materialistic years of my life. There are so many memories yet to be created. So why hurry?

However, chancing upon some memorable lines in a book, does make one feel good, whether the reader is eighteen or fifty. I wouldn't call myself a hopeless romantic. I think I have changed my mind. It's good to feel all lovey-dovey once in a while, especially when you relate to the story.

"The end of the rainbow holds a pot of gold, or is where all your dreams come true. It is the place of fulfillment of your fondest goals."
- Anonymous.

There is still a long way to go till my rainbow ends. :)

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't wait to reach the end of the rainbow. Enjoying the ride works just as well. Its quite fun, I assure you...am still on the ride, and its great!
    Love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Alright I shall enjoy the ride but at the same time anticipate what's in store for me at the end! :D

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete