Sunday 23 October 2011

Bittersweet Memories

Some good memories can turn bitter and haunt you. Pictures, songs, places..anything associated to that one special person around whom those memories revolve. How much should I try? I'm terrible when it comes to handling changes. Changes in a person.

Memories. They stay in my head, refusing to fade. Resurface early in the morning. Late at night. Only to hurt me.

I feel relieved to have resolved all the misunderstandings but those memories still linger.
It hits you hard when you realise the other person may not really bother about what worries you. What makes you get so worked up.

I wish I could feel nothing for once. I want to do away with feeling those extreme emotions. I wish that space in my mind wasn't occupied by those bittersweet memories. I wish there was a 'delete' button to erase them off. Precious time wouldn't be lost. That dense cloud of hurt and misery would clear and help me focus on matters of greater importance.

Petty but petulant.
Bitter but sweet.
Relieving but hurting.

So much for wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment