Wednesday 18 January 2012

The sublime genius :)

Dear John Mayer,
When I hear your velvety voice and watch your fingers move swiftly across the fretboard and strings, producing the perfect euphony, I feel everything's going to be alright. I feel Bliss. I feel Happy. Smiles. Feeling stupidly romantic at times. Sometimes melancholic. They comfort me, the toe-tapping, bouncy yet soothing tunes with words that complement them perfectly . They do. Your guitar-ing frustrates me at times and inspires me to get better at my skills. Maybe you are just an obsession. But, your songs will remain in my head for a long time to come.

Yes, you would find those ardent bunch of haters who find your songs simpering and sappy. Fair enough, they are entitled to their opinions. I won't deny having had my share of sappy moments. But hey, there's always a song to suit my mood. :)

All I want to say is, thank you for cheering me up with those quaint yet addictive tunes that sound so simple yet so complex. For those words that make me smile. :)

Cheers,
An obsessive music enthusiast
:)
P.S : I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment