Wednesday 22 February 2012

A Bittersweet Symphony

Aaah!Life can be as sweet and fantastic as sizzling brownies with vanilla ice-cream or be as bitter as cod liver oil. It can soothe you like a warm bubble bath or sting you in the bum like a vicious bee. You can't mask the effect of the bitterness; you HAVE to taste it at some point or the other.

So yes, just when I think normalcy is going to set in, something has to pop to obstruct it's flow. Stress. Anxiety. Helplessness. Anger. Frustration. Sickness. A concoction of all these components, proportioned haphazardly. I have been in the I-am-low-I-need-to-vent-my-emotions mode, since the past two weeks. How can one enjoy life when others around him or her are miserable? Yet, I dragged my friends out on a Sunday, to watch Ek Main aur Ek Tu, which in spite of it's silliness and pointlessness, managed to distract me a bit. Sitting at home, feeling depressed by a sickly atmosphere wasn't helping, hence the movie plan.

Senility can prove to be a major pain to those who are not it's victims. Each day accelerates the aging process, not to mention senility. It hurts. I have never seen my grandmother so weak; my grandfather so tired, so irritable and so frustrated with life. But then, age cannot be reversed. A taste of the Bitter. I have learnt to accept and come to terms with it.

Our home needs some happiness. A generous taste of divine gulab jamuns, that melt in one's mouth. So that I see a smile on my parents' face and maybe a hint of a smile on my grandparents' faces. Some reassurance that happy, memorable times are ahead of us.

If there's bitter, something sweet will definitely come along. Cos' it's a bittersweet symphony, after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment