Thursday 9 February 2012

Of lurrrrvvv and ze heartiz

The highly anticipated week of February is here! It began on Tuesday, technically speaking. But. Like. Finally!

Hello there.

Oh wait.

OMGGGG!!! IT'S VALENTINE'S WEEK!!!!! <3 <3 <3

The hearts can go on. And on.

And so can the teddies, the Facebook status updates,  roses, chocolates and the superb profits that the Archies outlets are in the process of making.

So it's Chocolate Day today. Did I eat a chocolate? Yes I did. An old Five Star bar from the refrigerator.

Rose Day flew by. It struck me today, when my friend was gushing about some random guy who gave her  a yellow rose. An OMG moment. I decided to feel happy for her. Really.

So what if a really cute guy had given me a RED rose?

I wouldn't have hyperventilated.

I would have just felt flattered. After all, who doesn't fancy compliments?

Do I belong to the passionate haters of Valentine's Day, week, etc? And all the sappiness and hype surrounding it? Not really. I don't believe in condemning it completely. It is a big deal for many. A very big one. But not for me. It had always been a normal day for me, minus or plus boyfriend. Slightly nightmarish last year, considering I had my Physics practical exam (The Boards, mind you) that day. Otherwise, pretty much hunky dory.

Yes I wouldn't mind feeling a teeny weeny bit special that day. You know.


Minus all the Valentine Day paraphernalia.

Do I detest the OMG status updates and comments on Facebook? The baby-I-love-you-more-than-anything-else-in-this-world posts and all those virtual kisses and hugs? Ooof. Course I do. I would cringe and probably paralyze in embarrassment if my boyfriend sent that to me.

Why Facebook? The exclusivity is lost when such things are thrown open to the world. All those mundane 'likes' to such posts make me squinch further.

The next thing I'm going to say will sound mega cliched. But, you ACTUALLY don't need a week or a day to profess your affection or love for someone. But if such a day does exist, there's no crime in going with the flow.

As Gary Cherone sings,


More than words
Is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know

 
How fitting is that? :)

Whatever, people. Take your pick. No compulsion.


P. S : Happy Valentine's !

No comments:

Post a Comment